Health Benefits of Summer Fruit: Litchi
The scientific name of Litchi is Litchi chinensis. It is a tropical and subtropical fruit widely consumed worldwide. This juicy and tasty fruit grows in clusters on a slow-growing medium-sized evergreen tree that only gives fruit for a short period.
The exotic litchi is one of many people's favourite summer fruit. But, while you enjoy litchis for their sweet flavour and pulpy texture, are you aware of their essential health benefits?
Yes, this luscious fruit benefits your health in various ways. It not only keeps you hydrated and satisfied throughout the hot summer months, but it also aids weight reduction, improves digestion, and improves your skin health. Read on to know more about the health benefits of litchi.
Nutritional Value of Litchis
Litchis are a nutrient-dense fruit. They're high in VitaminC, with 71.5 milligrams per 100 grams. Copper and phosphorus are also abundant. Litchis contain polyphenol oligonol, which possesses antioxidant and antiviral activities. It contains other essential minerals like sodium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, iron, selenium, and Zinc. Per 100g, it has 1.3 gm of dietary fiber, which can boost metabolism. Other essential vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K are necessary and beneficial for the human body.
These are some proven health benefits of Litchi.
Health Benefits of Litchi
1. Litchis are good for skin
Litchis are excellent for our skin. Whether you're dealing with unsightly wrinkles or dry skin, these exotic fruits offer a cure for you.
• Prevent aging symptoms: Your skin begins exhibiting the earliest indications of aging as you age. When you use topically, litchis can assist in postponing their emergence. Your body creates more and more free radicals as you get older. These free radicals generate wrinkles in your skin. Litchis are high in antioxidants, which mix with free radicals to protect your skin from damage.
• Assist in removing blemishes: Blemishes are the scourge of everyone attempting to achieve perfect skin. Applying litchi juice to blemishes and spots will help fade them away, leaving you with clean skin. Blemishes are hyperpigmented patches that appear on the skin. Litchis are high in vitamin C and are a good source of it. As a result, they are an effective treatment for blemishes.
• Protection against sunburn: Overexposure to the sun can result in redness and blisters. Sunburns can be painful and irritating, but Litchi laced with vitamin E can help relieve the discomfort. Because of its high vitamin C concentration, Litchi is helpful in healing sunburns. The damage to the skin can be treated with a mixture of vitamins C and E.
2. Litchis are great for hair
• Litchi helps in the growth of the hair. When the hair follicles are adequately fed, your hair will grow. Copper peptides increase hair follicles, dramatically reducing hair development's resting phase. Litchi is a good source of copper, which helps to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth.
• Litchi is high in Vitamin C, which helps restore your hair's luster. It's also high in copper and iron, which are important for keeping your hair's natural colour. The litchi juice benefits are incredible for hair.
3. Litchis have anti-cancer properties
Litchi possesses anti-cancer properties, which is one of its most significant advantages. It can help avoid the onset of this deadly condition if consumed daily, including litchi juice. The litchi juice benefits are incomparable. According to research, Litchi extracts possess potent antioxidants, flavonoids, and anti-cancer properties, particularly efficient against breast cancer cells.
4. Litchis provide good cardiovascular health
According to studies, the antioxidants included in litchis can improve cardiovascular health. Summer fruit Litchis contain oligonol, a chemical that aids in generating nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that helps to enlarge blood vessels so blood can flow freely. It also lowers the strain on your heart to pump blood, lessens the wear and tear on your heart, and enhances your heart's general health.
5. Litchis aids digestion
If you have a lot of constipation or other GI problems, consider eating litchis to help your digestion. Litchis aids digestion and relieves stomach discomfort. Litchis have a high amount of water, which helps to soothe the stomach. They also include a significant quantity of fiber, which benefits digestion.
6. Litchis help in cataract prevention
A cataract is a vision impairment caused by the clouding of the eye's lens. Numerous research has been undertaken on cataracts since it affects millions of people. Litchis can help prevent cataracts, according to one study. Phytochemicals found in litchis have antioxidant and anti-cancer capabilities. Litchis help in the prevention of aberrant cell proliferation, which in turn helps in the prevention of cataracts.
7. Litchis prevent blood vessel rupture
Blood vessel rupture can cause atypical bruising, which can be controlled by eating litchis or drinking litchi juice. Litchi is high in polyphenols, including the bioflavonoid rutin. Litchis can treat varicose veins and hemorrhoids because of its feature.
8. Litchis are good for weight loss
The other health benefits of litchi are weight loss. Litchi is a low-calorie fruit perfect for individuals trying to reduce weight. Litchis are low in calories, providing only 66 calories per 100 grams. They also have a high water content, a large quantity of fiber, and very little fat. As a result, they're perfect for people who want to reduce weight.
9. Litchis help in the prevention of Influenza
Influenza is a virus-borne illness that is exceedingly contagious. There is a need to create new therapies since certain strains of these viruses are resistant to standard antiviral drugs. Litchi fruit extracts have antiviral properties. Litchis have antiviral qualities because they contain oligonol, which prevents the virus from replicating.
10. Litchis helo control blood pressure
Litchis help normal blood circulation throughout the body, ensuring that organs and organ systems work correctly. It also regulates blood pressure. Litchis are beneficial to our circulatory system due to the inclusion of several minerals such as magnesium, iron, manganese, folate, vitamin C, and copper.
11. Litchis defend against Anemia
When it comes to preventing anemia, summer fruit litchi is essential. This summer fruit includes a significant quantity of copper, which boosts RBC counts in the blood. Anemia is caused by a drop in hemoglobin levels, as we all know. It is possible to avoid this by eating litchis.
12. Litchis boost immunity
Do you get colds and coughs as the weather changes? It's conceivable that you have a weakened immune system. To boost your immunity, eat litchis. Litchi's high vitamin C content makes it particularly good in boosting our immunity. This water-soluble vitamin is high in antioxidants, which help to protect our bodies from germs. As a result, it is a highly recommended fruit for young children.
Why Consume Litchi During Summer?
Summer brings numerous health problems like dehydration, gut health issues, and skin-related problems. Staying fit and eating nutritious food is the biggest challenge in this busy world. The best way to stay hydrated and get rid of digestive issues is to add summer fuits in your diet. Litchi is one of the best summer fruits that comes with various health beenfits.Include litchis in your everyday diet to stay healthy and prevent the risk of fatal diseases.
If you have any health issue, consult a registered dietitian before including any kind of food or fruit in your diet as everyone's body is different and require different dietary requirement.
Take Care Of Yourself!